Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Showers

It rained ALL night last night! It was fabulous. I missed the wet stuff this "winter." It is far more challenging with a 2.5 year old to have rainy days, but none the less I miss it! So it rained, I slept. It was still cloudy with a chance of rain today. Quinten and I chilled out inside this morning and waited to sit by the slider and watch it pour! No luck, it never rained, so we bundled up and went for a bike ride! It was wonderful, I love cool, cloudy, breezy weather. School is still out over here so we headed over there. Normally we can't play in the parking lot, but today we had it all to ourselves! Then... it happened. He spotted it. A puddle. Perfectly oval, shiny, and wet! He glanced back at me with that sneaky smile if not to say "can I, should I, is she watching?" And to his surprise I said "GO FOR IT!!" He double looked like "wha?" Then he was off! He rode through that first puddle for close to 10 minutes, then dropped the bike and started jumping, running, splashing. He thought it was the coolest.thing.ever. until I showed him a bigger one! It was so fun watching him. That is one of the funnest things as a kid. I remember doing it allll the time as a kid and loving it! He had so much fun, was so wet, ear to ear grin I tell you. We came home took a warm bubble bath, had lunch, watched a little bit of Walle, and now he's dreaming away! What a good day :0) Happy hump day! Its all downhill to weekend from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers