Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Friendship 28 To 90

I was so excited to get an email from a long time friend that her Grandma was turning 90! AND that I was going to have the honor of taking photos to document the celebration! Kim and I have been friends since early high school ehem nearly 15 years ago.  I was so excited to see her, and her family. We chatted, we giggled, we cheered a little champagne. I took A LOT of pictures.  It was a great day. And I must say what an honor to watch them celebrate 90 years. NINETY years!! I can't help but picture myself at ninety (if I'm lucky enough to make it that far).  Watching her grandma with her friends, I had this quick flash to me and my girlfriends sitting around a table, grey and wrinkled. Chuckling about 'the old days' guzzling down some sort of futuristic wine. It's a crazy thought. What will life be like 61 years from now!? The things these men and women have seen! I think my heart did a little jig watching all the smiles and hugs that day. I love celebrations. I love family. And I love my friends. I love that no matter how long we go without talking we can just pick up where we left off. And I love that no matter if you're 28 going on 29 or 90 going on 91, friendship is friendship. **sigh**









2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! Sheryl, these are absolutely beautiful. So, when I turn 90, you can do my pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Love you Sheryl! It is a strange thought. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers