Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Cowan Catch Up

What have we been up to lately? Summer stuff I guess! My little pollywog has spent probably 85% of this summer in some sort of water. Be it Grandma, and Grandpa's pool, our blow up pool(s), sprinklers, the beach, you name it. It's about the only thing that will keep him preoccupied for more than 10 minutes. He's growing so much, so fast. He will be 3 on September 10th, and I know it will be here before I know it. Here's a photo catch up on the last few.

An awesome chicken...

Our 4th of July was a casual but nice day. We started with a hike on a nearby trail. And ended at my folks' house. We swam, bbq'd and did the whole fireworks thing. Quinten had a blast with his cousins. I had a couple margaritas. It was a pretty typical Central Coast 4th of July.

Quinten got to ride his first horse! Our friends have a few horses, and were nice enough to let us come out to the stables to check them out. Quinten had the most serious look on his face the whole time, but he really had a blast! And yes, he requested I join him for a bit. It was so much fun, and we can't wait to go back!

We started our birthday marathon. It begins early July with Shannon's birthday. He wanted to lay low so we don't really have any photos of that one. Then its my mom (pictured below). We did a grown up night out at the wonderful Old Port restaurant in Avila. The food was incredible, and it was nice to dine sans child, because honestly that never happens.  We checked out the sea lions, and walked around the pier. My husband teased that I looked like a tourist in my own town. It was great. We then had the nieces back to back celebrations, a neighbor, a friend, and now a few weeks down time before mine and Quinten's celebrations begin!

The whales came to town! We went to the beach one day with the cousins, and had no idea what the ocean had in store for us that day! I couldn't figure out why there were people lining the road with huge telephoto lenses on their cameras staring into the bay. I figured it was all the birds? Weirdos. But not long after we settled in my sister in law gasps "was that a whale!?" Why yes it was! OHHH thats why all those people are here! We were there for a couple of hours and got quite a show! I wish I had my longer lens that day!

Its big enough news I've seen it all over Yahoo! We're famous! 

Life other than that, is moving right along. Quinten is still an amazing little boy who has developed quite an opinion. Quite a voice. And quite a little attitude. He's a wonderful story teller, and never forgets anything.  He wants to know what I'm doing ALL the time. He is rocking it on his bike! We've started talking about getting him into preschool this spring (what?!). Suddenly we have this little boy roaming our house. Its kinda freaking me out. 
Our frames are coming along. Slowly but surely. 
And me? Well its been a better few months. Back here, I was struggling. After seeing the doctor and getting some adjustments done, I started feeling better. Still some ups and downs, but getting there. More on this in another post. 
So, there ya have it. Life with the Cowan's, I'm tired, I'm happy, I'm excited. AND I'm almost 29. When did I become a grown up? Approaching my 30s? What the crap. Life is crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers