Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

we the PEOPLE

I don't normally talk politics. In fact I don't think I ever do. It's complicated, its confusing, and it's a good way to start a fight. But with all the talk that has come about with this healthcare stuff I can't help but think. I honestly don't know what this is all about, and I really don't think anyone really does. They write it just so, so that no one can distinguish A from B, here from there. Kinda like a magician. You know -look over here-- while I do this over -there-. Good or bad, right or wrong, I can't help but dream. The more I hear, the more broken and hopeless I feel. What ever happened to 'we the people.' One nation built on dreams, on hopes, on morals. A nation that pulls together. A government that cared about it's people, because that is what we are, a nation filled with people.. I think its about that time, time for us to stand back and really look at what we are doing. We are not a nation united, we are a nation separated. No one caring for their neighbor. Its an everyone for themselves world, and I don't like it.  We have forgotten the little things. Smiles, waves, how ya doins? We are a culture of high speed, obliviousness. Anyways, back to my point. I wish, I hope and pray that we can go back to the basics. I want a president who cares, truly cares about his people. We are not a business, we are not a company, we are a country filled with people. People trying to make it, make something of themselves, leave a mark. Trying to enjoy what little time we have on this earth. But good Lord, how are we supposed to do this?  Too many people these days are working too damn hard, and for what? To support who? Their families are struggling, their hopes are dwindling. Its just sad. America the great is fading. The real Americans are suffering. Something has to change. We need to come together and say enough is enough. Lets get back to what this country was founded on. I don't want a celebrity, I don't want a promiser. I want a person who is going to get the job done. Focus on the problems at hand and make it better. I know it's all easier said that done, but we are supposed to be the land of opportunity. The land of the {free}. Nothing is supposed to be impossible. So c'mon lets stand up and say "I want my dream back" I want the house, the car, the dog, and that picket fence. And I don't think thats too much to ask! Lets lift each other up, support one another, encourage one another. We aren't helping anything, so shut up and lets change this place! OK. There thats probably the only political talk you'll hear from for some time!

1 comment:

Followers