Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


Being a mom is everything and nothing like I thought it was going to be. I can't believe how quickly my life changed, and how easy it was to let it. To be responsible for another human being is so scary- so much pressure. Knowing that every decision Shannon and I make will have an impact on his entire life can sometimes get overwhelming. But really being a mom is about tuning out everyone but your own instincts. Every parent is as different as every child is. What works for one baby won't work for another. Just as what works for one parent won't work for another. With that said this year I got to celebrate my first mothers day, one day before Quinten turned 8 months old. My day actually started Saturday after Shannon's ride he brought home a beautiful vase full of flowers! Then Sunday began a little earlier than I'd like (5:25 to be exact) we are cutting through tooth #5 so our sleep and eat patterns are just a little off! We ate and went back to bed till about 7:30. I got a wonderful card from Quinten (thanks dad) and a #1 Best Kitchen Fairy (you'll see the pic) and 2 new 8gig cards for my camera! Then Shannon's mom came over and Shannon made pancake and eggs. After the food settled we all took a walk to the new local park. We all had a blast (yes even I played around). We then walked home, showered, napped (well the babe did), and then headed off to my Grandma's house for an afternoon linner. We celebrated mom's with my parents, brothers family, and 2 of my aunts and uncles and my little cousins. It was great. We came home relaxed a bit and then put the kiddo to bed and enjoyed some parent time. It was a wonderful day... here are some photos of the day.

My Flowers :)

My New Fairy
Wildflowers on the way
Walking
Playing
Monkey Bars!
My Family
Smiles
Grandma!
Playing
Fun
Holdin On
Playing with mom
Smiles
My Mom!
Being a mom is that I started this post 2 weeks ago and I'm just able to finish :) Being a mom is scary, exciting, entertaining, busy, exhausting, trying, and most of all blissful. Its as if this little man who really has only been in our life for a little over 8 months has truly been a part of us forever. Its learning something new about yourself every day, good and the bad :). Its opening yourself up more than you ever have. Its just sitting back sometimes and smiling thinking to yourself 'I love my life.' Mothers day is supposed to be a day for others to celebrate the mom's in their life. But I also took advantage of it and celebrated my little man, because really I wouldn't have had a mothers day if it weren't for him. And he is something to be celebrated.

2 comments:

  1. fantabulous post love. So beautiful put and makes me love you even more. You're an amazing mom and that becomes more apparent every day and you have an amazing hubby making Q the greatest little kid ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sneacky cleavage cover in that pic! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers