Yup...

Our Journey Through Life, Laughter, and the Adventures in Parenthood.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Le Sigh


Its been a wee bit hectic around these parts this last week. I've been taking care of, well a lot. So my husband rides mountainbikes. He loves it. And I love that it gives him some guy time, some stress relief, and really something that makes him smile. But when this happens...
I don't like it so much anymore. Yup thats his ankle that he severely sprained on a ride last Saturday. Needless to say he was laid up on the couch for a good solid 5 days. Now being that I'm a stay at home mom I'm used to doing a lot on my own, but there is just something different about dealing with an almost 19 month old while he just lays there. I had to keep reminding myself that he was hurt, not intentionally not helping and trying to piss me off :) He's doing a lot better, back to work Thursday and hobbling around better. Its still really sore so he's still spending a lot of time on the couch. But its on the up and up and he'll be back to normal in no time!
Besides taking care of daddy we;

Found our bin of fresh diapers. Normally I'd stop a little rascally-ness like that. But hey it kept him busy for quite a while!
We rode our bikes to the school with our cousins,
Dad tried out Quinten's bike (pre-accident obviously).
Played in some puddles
And picked some flowers with Alana :)
And we celebrated my dads birthday!
With a really yummy BBQ, lots of meat. SO YUM!
Thats my mom! Aint she pretty? This just happened to be the day my husband ate it. So while he had to spend most of the day with his foot up, we still made the most of it and partied away! I even got to have a margarita with my mom. Its been so very long since we did that. But Shannon happened to hurt his driving foot so it was only a 1 margarita day for me. It was a busy day, my parents house is huge so I spend most of the day chasing Quinten up and down the stairs.
So around here the Cowans are ever changing. Quinten is growing up far too fast. Shannons healing. And I'm dealing :) Looking forward to nice weather, Easter, and hiking with the fam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers